About Trilogy Behavioral Healthcare:
Trilogy Behavioral Healthcare Inc. strongly believes that treatment services are more effective when provided in the client’s natural setting, hence, the majority of services provided are located in the community. Trilogy Behavioral Healthcare Inc. also employs a holistic approach to each client’s treatment and integrates all facets of our clients’ lives including mental/emotional health, physical health/wellness, employment and education, social and family relationships, substance use/abuse issues, and housing needs.
Typical services provided include case management, counseling/therapy, individual skills training, medication training, crisis intervention, linkage to community resources, advocacy, assessment, and treatment planning.
The Health Mentor is responsible for working with clients enrolled in the InSHAPE program to develop and implement their personal wellness plan. He/she will provide support, education, and motivation related to physical fitness, nutrition, and wellness. The Health Mentor will model appropriate wellness and provide client-centered, strengths-based, and trauma-informed services to clients with severe mental illnesses and co-occurring substance abuse/addiction disorders utilizing a harm reduction approach.
The Health Mentor must be willing to obtain a personal trainer certification within 6 months of being hired.
This position requires a minimum of ONE of the following:
• a bachelor's degree in counseling and guidance, rehabilitation counseling, social work, education, vocational counseling, psychology, pastoral counseling, family therapy, or related human service field;
• a bachelor's degree in any other field with two-years of supervised clinical experience in a mental health setting;
• a practical nurse license under the Nurse Practice Act [225 ILCS 65];
• a certificate of psychiatric rehabilitation from a DHS-approved program plus a high school diploma or GED plus two-years experience in providing mental health services;
• CRSS certification through IAODAPCA
• a family partnership professional certificate from and in good standing with IAODAPCA
• an occupational therapy assistant licensed under the Illinois Occupational Therapy Practice Act [225 ILCS 75] with at least one-year of experience in a mental health setting;
• or a minimum of a high school diploma or GED and five-years supervised clinical experience in mental health or human services
Other Requirements include: