About Trilogy Behavioral Healthcare:
Trilogy Behavioral Healthcare Inc. strongly believes that treatment services are more effective when provided in the client’s natural setting, hence, the majority of services provided are located in the community. Trilogy Behavioral Healthcare Inc. also employs a holistic approach to each client’s treatment and integrates all facets of our clients’ lives including mental/emotional health, physical health/wellness, employment and education, social and family relationships, substance use/abuse issues, and housing needs.
Typical services provided include case management, counseling/therapy, individual skills training, medication training, crisis intervention, linkage to community resources, advocacy, assessment, and treatment planning.
This position will be expected to “fill-in” as a Recovery Counselor on outreach teams in our Northside, South Shore or Lawndale locations as assigned by supervisor. In general, assignments will be from as little as 1 week to as much as three months on any one given team.
As a Recovery Counselor you will have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the people we serve each and every day by helping them discover their own unique self, purpose, community and wellness. Trilogy fully embraces a collaborative team approach to each client’s treatment in order to enhance our clients’ recovery from severe and persistent mental illness. There may be weekend and on call hours with this position.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate an appreciation of or willingness to learn about the impact of traumatic experiences in the lives of persons who receive behavioral health services as well as an understanding of harm reduction and motivational interviewing principles. People with lived experiences are encouraged to apply.
This position will be expected to “fill-in” as a Recovery Counselor on outreach teams in our Northside, South Shore or Lawndale locations, as assigned by the supervisor. In general, assignments will be from as little as 1 week to as much as three months on any one given team.
This position requires a minimum of ONE of the following:
• a bachelor's degree in counseling and guidance, rehabilitation counseling, social work, education, vocational counseling, psychology, pastoral counseling, family therapy, or related human service field;
• a bachelor's degree in any other field with two-years of supervised clinical experience in a mental health setting;
• a practical nurse license under the Nurse Practice Act [225 ILCS 65];
• a certificate of psychiatric rehabilitation from a DHS-approved program plus a high school diploma or GED plus two-years experience in providing mental health services;
• CRSS certification through IAODAPCA
• a family partnership professional certificate from and in good standing with IAODAPCA
• an occupational therapy assistant licensed under the Illinois Occupational Therapy Practice Act [225 ILCS 75] with at least one-year of experience in a mental health setting;
• or a minimum of a high school diploma or GED and five-years supervised clinical experience in mental health or human services
Other Requirements include:
• Valid IL Driver’s License
• Daily access to a well maintained vehicle with 100,000/300,000 liability insurance