About Trilogy Behavioral Healthcare:
Trilogy Behavioral Healthcare Inc. strongly believes that treatment services are more effective when provided in the client’s natural setting, hence, the majority of services provided are located in the community. Trilogy Behavioral Healthcare Inc. also employs a holistic approach to each client’s treatment and integrates all facets of our clients’ lives including mental/emotional health, physical health/wellness, employment and education, social and family relationships, substance use/abuse issues, and housing needs.
Typical services provided include case management, counseling/therapy, individual skills training, medication training, crisis intervention, linkage to community resources, advocacy, assessment, and treatment planning.
*This position is for a new ACT team, located on the South Side of Chicago
As a Recovery Peer Support Specialist you will have the opportunity to make a difference in our clients’ lives each and every day by helping clients discover their own unique self, purpose, community and wellness. Trilogy fully embraces a collaborative team approach to each client’s treatment in order to enhance our clients’ recovery from severe and persistent mental illness.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate an appreciation of or willingness to learn about the impact of traumatic experiences in persons who receive behavioral health services. Ideal candidates will demonstrate an understanding of harm reduction and motivational interviewing principles. People with lived experiences encouraged to apply.
Ideal candidates will possess a CRSS credential OR obtain a CRSS credential within one year of hire.
This position requires a minimum of ONE of the following:
• a bachelor's degree in counseling and guidance, rehabilitation counseling, social work, education, vocational counseling, psychology, pastoral counseling, family therapy, or related human service field;
• a bachelor's degree in any other field with two years of supervised clinical experience in a mental health setting;
• a practical nurse license under the Nurse Practice Act [225 ILCS 65];
• a certificate of psychiatric rehabilitation from a DHS-approved program plus a high school diploma or GED plus 2 years experience in providing mental health services;
• CRSS certification through IAODAPCA
• a family partnership professional certificate from and in good standing with IAODAPCA
an occupational therapy assistant licensed under the Illinois Occupational Therapy Practice Act [225 ILCS 75] with at least one year of experience in a mental health setting;
• or a minimum of a high school diploma or GED and 5 years supervised clinical experience in mental health or human services
Other Requirements include:
• Valid IL Driver’s License
• Daily access to a well maintained vehicle with 100,000/300,000 liability insurance
• The Recovery Peer Support Specialist must be a past or present consumer of mental health services AND willing to share their personal story of recovery with our clients.